Sunday, May 20, 2012

[MV Review] TaeTiSeo - Twinkle

SNSD and subunits, I never thought I would legitimately see the day. Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun say "Fuck off Forever9SONEs" as they make their eponymous debut with Twinkle.


First of all, I just wanna say that I fucking love everything about this subunit. The best parts of SNSD without the filler or the troll(s) clogging up my view of the fab members (read: Seohyun). And best of all, it's a huge shit in the face on Forever9 stans whom I loathe. Ah, good times.

"LOLOL Look at all those pressed SONEs!!"
Anyways, this MV is a sort of "day-in-the-life-of" storyline MV with some dance bits shoved in there for good measure. Opening up with a paparazzi sequence to establish TaeTiSeo's rich and celebrity status, this particular MV revolves around their fabulous daily lives. Sort of like High School Musical's montage for Sharpay and her glam life. At least I think that's her name, it's been ages since I've seen that shit. 

Not sure what's worse, this or the High School Musical equivalent.
And how come only Seohyun doesn't get stockings?
Oh Seohyun, I love you but you can't fake surprise for shit.
The dance bits of the song are incredibly lame and horrific to behold. Quite possibly the shittiest choreo for a song I've ever seen. When you come down to it though, it makes sense. Of the three, only Seohyun is a proficient dancer, and she can't carry the group by herself. Taeyeon's too lazy to give a shit and Tiffany can't dance for shit, so I'm sure they had to tailor the dance to their level because there were no shits left to give.

What the fuck is this flying bird, deer antler, window-wiping
headshoulderkneesandtoes bullshit dance?
EXO TRYING TO STEAL SOSHI SPOTLIGHT OMG
GTFO I'M GOING TO BLACKOCEAN YOUR SHIT AT SMTOWN
That being said, this round of promotions really spared no expense for dolling up TaeTiSeo. They all look gorgeous, and though the outfits can be wacky at times, SM's usual bullshit for teasers definitely did not apply. But seriously, wtf is up with SM's promotional teaser strategy? It's like they hire YG's reject stylists and coordinators to take huge shits on their artists, photograph them, then send the pics off to the interns to slap together a teaser on MS Word.

Is okay though. I got this sexy sex gif of Seohyun, so I'm satisfied.
Anyways, the song itself is pretty solid. It's a funky song highly reminiscent of Lady Marmalade, so longtime SONEs will get a kick out of the TaeNy concert solo remix featuring Seohyun. The three best vocalists with the most pleasant tones really get a chance to shine with this song, showing exactly who does the heavy lifting in SNSD. There's no forced raps, no random dance breaks, no filler. However, the reason I don't particularly like this song is because it features Taeyeon and Seohyun trying to reach for notes out of their usual range when they do their vocal runs at the end. It's very grating on the ears, and it totally kills the song for me. If I had to use a vulgar sullifagism... It'd be like fapping to a sexy Bora fancam, and right when she bends over to expose some juicy cleavage/ass, a wild Hyorin appears and she's derpin all in your face as your arousal goes flaccid/dry (whatever is relevant to you).

To be honest, I liked the sound the MV opened with during that paparazzi sequence. I would have loved for the song to sound like that. Another wasted opportunity, JUST LIKE RUN DEVIL RUN, FUCK YOU SM. LOL JK IT'S OMG. So I haven't listened to the whole mini album in a while, sue me. :3

Affirmative action ain't dead, niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas~
TL;DR:
+ Lady Marmalade + annoying vocal runs + SNSD.

I give this song a 3.5/5

65 comments:

  1. Just coz my onnies did better than ur oppas.
    3 is enough.
    9 is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just coz my onnies did better than ur oppas.
    3 is enough.
    9 is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Quite possibly the shittiest choreo for a song I've ever seen."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0usQPe-82Y

    Way to go, KKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only Seohyun had gotten ps like her unnirs.
    Her body isn't quite enough to stop me from vomiting on her face.

    /I love watching Se Hun in that gif. So awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And best of all, it's a huge shit in the face on Forever9 stans whom I loathe. Ah, good times"

    THIS.

    I cannot stand the 4eva9 stans at all. I remember fighting a shitload of batshit SONEs at Allkpop a while back about this subunit - it was fun.

    Know what? The military should just grab a couple of tanks, bulldoze into the SM Town concert at LA and just run over as many crazy Cassies, SONEs, ELFs and Shawols etc. as they can.

    Alternatively, round them all up in a massive arena and pitch them into a gladiator-style fight to the death :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That intro song is really a song. No RDR teaser BS this time. It's on their album called "OMG".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. Thanks for pointing it out, updated the article. Heh.

      Delete
  7. omg is the song in the beginning. Goodbye hello is the song at the end (fav on the album, so far).

    ummmm, I like the video minus all the embedded ads. However, I do notice that I get bored watching the live version--I think I only watched it once or twice all the way through. Yeah, I think there were notes that taeng, fany, and seobaby tried to reach but they could not and it sounds bad.

    As for forever9stans. BUTTHURT!!!!!! Power of 3 > Power of 9 Anything without YOONA is good.


    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yzdlfoBr_XU/T7WOtBk264I/AAAAAAAAAGI/5CEbiWIkUTM/s1600/roflbot-1.jpg
    also this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah the dancing and the high notes were kinda bad. And the song did kinda remind me of Lady Marmalade xD
    But other than that it was pretty good, I guess. The only person I really give any shits about is Seohyun anyway. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm dude sorry to burst your bubble but SeoHyun is the third ugliest after Hyoyeon and Sunny. Taeyeon is where it's at. Also, Jessica is both hot and good at singing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waah stop liking what i don't like*

      Delete
    2. LOL. Clearly you like what most people don't, because Jessica isn't all that atractive.

      Delete
    3. LOLNO. Jessica is middling pretty at best. I'd rate it Sunny > Sooyoung > Yuri > Tiffany > Seohyun > Jessica > Hyoyeon > Yoona > Taeyeon. Hyo's been looking better lately now that she's not getting the short end of the stylists, but she's still making some godawful hair/outfit choices. Fashion terrorist indeed.

      Delete
    4. I always thought Sooyoung is the third ugliest by korean standarts ... you confuse me, dude

      Delete
    5. It's okay, I think Seohyun is the jjangbakiest and that's all there is to it.

      I've long grown past the "OMG MY OPPA/UNNIE IS THE BEST WHY WON'T ANYONE ELSE ACCEPT THIS" stage of my fandom.

      Delete
    6. What you been smoking??? Sooyoung is one of the hottest in SNSD.;) Seohyun, Yoona and Yuri are by far the plainest, Yuri's saving grace is her body.

      Delete
    7. Taeyeon is uglier then Hyoyeon. Damn right I said it, I just dont like her at all, her face is fucking weird, its like looking at a fucking alien. Seohyun with her robotic emotions >>>>> Taeyeon

      Jessica stopped being hot, actually, they all stopped being hot ever since they started to TRY to go worldwide. Seohyun is the only one that looks better with every passing year.

      Delete
    8. creativ31 likes soooyoung coz she said sooyoung likes black guys.

      Delete
    9. hyoyeon hotter than Taeyeon? Da fuck!!!!!!!

      List of snsd hotness

      Sooyoung > Sunny (not with blonde hair) > seobaby >taeyeon>jessica>tiffany>yuri>fecal matter>hyoyeon

      Delete
    10. Sooyoung likes black guys? Since when did this happen?!?!

      Delete
    11. Is fecal matter supposed to be Yoona? If so, then I approve.

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    13. Sunny and Yuri are the hottest ones in SNSD, imo.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaT5GoC0SGQ

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCn9kEXvcGU&feature=related

      Mmmmm

      My list:
      Yuri > Sunny > Tiffany > Taeyeon > Jessica (she's kind of cute, not a very nice body) > Seohyun (her face is kind of boring but her body makes up for it) > Yoona (gross bow legs ewww) > Sooyoung (gross stick legs ewww) > Hyoyeon (gross face ewww)

      Delete
    14. It doesn't what any of you think, the general public's opinion is obviously 1.Yoona 2.Taeyeon, those 2 are locked, then Jessica, Yuri, Tiffany, and Seo fight it out for 3 to 6, then 7. Sooyoung 8.Sunny

      Delete
    15. Agreed, except I think Jessica is batshit ugly and plastic as hell. right up there with Tiffany. Bishhh is so plastic, it's a bit ridiculous. Her face changes for EVERY NEW PROMOTION. FUG!

      Delete
  11. This song sucks - and I'm a Sone. It showed how much these three need the others - it was lame, too bland, boring and uncharismatic. I couldn't even tell their damn voices apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. 9 is perfection! Its a fact no one can deny!

      Delete
    2. Yep. 9 is perfection! Its a fact no one can deny!

      Delete
    3. Twinkle >>> The Boys or Oh! or Gee

      Cum at me

      Delete
    4. Oh wtf Zaku.....
      Over Gee....really, : /

      Twinkle is definitely better than The Boys and Oh!, but Gee??, thats just too far.

      Delete
    5. Anything before OH > Twinkle

      Anything after oh <twinkle

      Delete
    6. I don't like Gee at all. Not the song, not the concept, not anything about it.

      Delete
  12. The only think I remotely liked about this MV was the jamming black guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trolling. No one like black people

      Delete
    2. ^lol So sad, no love for the black men.

      Delete
    3. @Sooyoung Is A Fat Whore
      WTF!?!?!? HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!? OMG OMG OMG OMG My secret has now been discovered AJDHFKLASJFLKSJ;A

      Those three were awkward as shit, the band seemed to the only ones who had some rhythm. Bring that Back!

      Delete
  13. This is the latest part of an annoying (and self-defeating) trend in KPop MVs

    It's like SISTAR going to Las Vegas to film, or Big Bang chasing white girls in New York. Korean companies have seen how big KPop has become internationally, and are trying to appeal to a more Western audience.

    Why? The whole appeal of K-Pop is that it's something different. The pampered superstar concept isn't something for a Korean audience, for whom humbleness is a highly valued characteristic; so it's for us westerners. Who's going to get won over by TaeTiSeo doing this Hollywood shit?

    Go back to being Koreans, ffs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you didnt know by now, Koreans likes to imitate the popular trend. If the trend in kpop is going western, then by golly they will westernized the shit out of their music.

      There is no kpop anymore, just music with affluent western sounds. The kpop of the old days are long gone there.

      Delete
  14. As a member of the elite inner sanctum of Sones with over twenty five thousand SNSD plays on last.fm (yes, I will keep harping on about my fan accomplishments), Twinkle is the best shit they've done in years.

    Strong mini-album with more than one good track (the only song I tend to skip over is Hello Goodbye), funky title track with visually appealing MV and strong vocals (live too), three of the best singers in the group, no idol rap (actually a minus), Taeng being fabulous, IT'S ALL GOOD SON.

    9/9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'm not biased in any way, just because I happen to be one of the biggest SNSD fans and I have posters all over my walls, SNSD wallpapers on my computer, an SNSD calender, this album on iTunes, all my avatars are SNSD related (besides on last.fm), and I'm a member of Soshified and I've watched 80-90% of all their variety.

      Not biased at all.

      Delete
    2. thats not biased at all one bit

      Delete
    3. So long as you don't go batshit and defend them like crazy (as other SONEs have been seen doing, much to both of my amusement and annoyance), it's all good.

      Delete
    4. oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

      Delete
    5. scatter - Nat is the most biased, delusional, batshit, crazy, ridiculous, fabulous, fantastic elastic Sone there is. Don't be nice to him.

      Delete
    6. its 3/9!
      but its good enough to beat boa english album. and bigbang mini album

      HATERS CUM AT ME!!

      Delete
    7. goodbye hello is my favorite track! You clearly are not a TaeTITseo fan.

      Delete
  15. Tiffany looks like a princess from the future in this vid

    ReplyDelete
  16. im surprised no one mentioned how they have 6 backup dancers to replace the rest of the members lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seohyun completely freaked me out the whole MV with her horrible acting and complete lack of facial expression. Also, when did her facial bloat come back? The best thing about the whole MV was EXO's appearance. Not loving the song, the video is pretty with the colors and all, but I can't enjoy it with Seohyun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seobaby is not sexy at all. If a man put his purple nurple in front of her she'd scream, puke, and run away. seriously, she looks soooooooooo unhorny it is despicable.

      damn she is sexless.

      but still cute

      Delete
    2. Seobot is the most unattractive member mostly because of her personality. She's like a socially awkward eight year old girl and the only people who find her sexy are closet pedophiles (no offense to Seohyun fans).

      Delete
  18. Seohyun was freaking awkward.I wish they picked Jessica over her,though I don't like the Barbie girl even one bit.
    But Tiffany~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Seohyun's immobile puffy marshmallow face! I wanna smush those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete