Sunday, September 2, 2012

[MV Review] T-ara - Sexy Love Dance Version





The story starts off screen in this MV. As everyone knows by now, Hwayoung isn't in the group anymore. Kim Kwang Soo lost one of his favorite sex slaves in the group. He had forced her to show her nipple so that he could jack off to her while watching the performance. Kim Kwang Soo didn't want his other sex slaves to leave, so he had turned them into dolls.

They were all packaged up like Barbie Dolls. Kim Kwang Soo had the girls sent to his secret room where he would have an orgy with all seven members. To avoid that, the girls started moving and started breaking out of their packages. Kim Kwang Soo had seen the girls trying to escape, so he enlisted the help of Shinsadong Tiger to create a beat that would keep the girls dancing.



I don't know what Areum did to deserve the blond hair. It looks like Kim Kwang Soo pissed on her hair. I find her to be one the prettier members in the group, but the blond hair looks awful on her. It may have worked for cyclops, but it's almost as bad of a disaster as Kim Kwang Soo's PR skills.





Keep green hair in anime and video games. It looks terrible on real people. Qri got trolled again.



Not digging the circus costumes. That's the end of the stuff I didn't like about the MV. On to the stuff I liked.



The members look good. Even Boram looks decent. I like what they're wearing here. It's the only good God damn clothing they wear in the whole MV.

.....and there would be more, but there's no fucking good gifs to be found on tumblr. Fuck. Don't take Zaku and Bob's gifs for granted. I spent 15 minutes on tumblr and only found pictures and bad gifs.



Okay, I did find this Soyeon gif. Read her lips. "Oh shit! Oh No!"

Okay, onto the song. It's Shinsadong Tiger, so everyone knew what to expect coming into Sexy Love. I personally like it more than Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey. It's in T-ara's comfort zone, but leaning more toward the sound they had in Absolute First Album. T-ara's electronic music was the reason I started listening to them in the first place, and it's always nice when a group returns to their roots.

I had always given Shinsadong Tiger shit for the lyrics, but Choi Gyu Song takes half the blame. I had always preferred the duo of Jo Young Soo and Ahn Young Min working on T-ara's songs, but whenever Kim Kwang Soo wants some more money, he calls up Shinsadong Tiger and Choi Gyu Song to make another track. Anyway, what I like is that the lyrics aren't so repetitive this time around. I had expected the chorus to just be "Sexy Love Sexy Love Sexy Sexy Love Love" or some shit. The verses in the song are good and we get to hear Hwayoung rap one last time, albeit heavily autotuned. I was kind of surprised to see autotune instead of dubstep, but it's nice to see some composers not jumping on the dubstep bandwagon.

What this song does right is to focus on Soyeon, Hyomin, Eunjung and Areum. Those four make a nice core of the group, with Cyclops rounding it out. Qri and Boram are invisible in the song and MV as usual, to no one's surprise. This was T-ara's best lineup since 6-ara, and it is sad to see that it will only last for one song.

At best, Dani will be like Qri and Boram and be invisible. I have a feeling she will be shoved down the audience's throats like Hwayoung was. With Hwayoung in the group, T-ara's songs were becoming Soyeon and Hwayoung while everyone else backed up those two. Kim Kwang Soo probably thinks his "idols who can't speak Korean at all rapping in Korean" meme will be successful and will give Dani a lot of parts. With the cour four singers and Jiyeon, Dani's existence isn't needed at all. Anyway, if this is the last song from T-ara worth listening to, they went off on a high note. I'm not saying this song is great, but it's a Shinsadong Tiger track, so Korea will eat this up.



Boram is giving out free hand jobs for whoever stuck around this long. Though I'm not expecting too many people to be lining up...

58 comments:

  1. I have to disagree on the circus outfits, I enjoyed them even though they didn't have much of a presence. I'll find some circus gifs sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circus outfits are fucked up like shit. Areum needs to have her head shaved for redemption of that atrocious blonde hair. Hwadog only cut hers, so Areum needs to make up for it by shaving all her hair off :D She can be the first female idol to pull a 'sakbal' style.

    Soyeon - keep the bangs, otherwise, no complaints. Good as usual.

    Qri - I think the Hulk just vomited on her.

    Boram - NO I LIKED YOU WITH LONG HAIR!!!!!! But otherwise, holy mother of god she has gone from a caterpillar to a butterfly O.o I think I'll be one of the few people lining up.


    Shinsadong Tiger needs good'ol Tigger jumping on his belly like no tomorrow. Finally I salute - the final T-ara song to enjoy before that half-breed of Seungri and a giraffe (which was probably raped than gave consent to Seungri) joins the group and likely makes it look shitty and awkward with her terrible Korean and even more terrible rythmic talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boram looks so much better than usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing thats fapworthy is that Soyeon's GIF. The song is sh!t, that Areum's eyes really bug the hell out of me. And why the hell Hyomin borrowed that G-Druggin's drag, it looks like sh!t. Gotta give props to those who turn Boram into a Barbie Doll, not a Dwarf like usual and Qri, sigh, still no love for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I think she's hot in this MV by association. Since the other six look good (except for the hair on three of the members), it makes us think Boram also looks good. Or maybe Boram actually does look better. Who knows lol.

      Delete
    2. I fully agree.
      I guess makeups +plus other membersfugliness could make boram looks good

      Delete
  6. Damn right you shouldn't take my gifs for granted. The shitty gifs you find on Tumblr were what made me want to learn how to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you get a gif of slutty bitchy Soyeon from the Sexy Love Drama MV for puhlese.?

      Delete
  7. Boram is not only hot, she's potular too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the song... But then... That "rap" of Areum's/hwayoung's(?)... Even worse than Likey Likey dis.

    Can't believe you didn't trash it to hell. Right when they had potential a pop song ruins it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked the rap part. Not because of the rapping, but it's trolling Hwayoung. It's like they purposely tried to outdo likey likey dis, likey likey dat. I dunno, I found it so ironic that I liked it. Maybe if the whole T-ara scandal never happened, I'd be ripping on the rap.

      Delete
  9. 1. Alreum's fake nose
    2. I agree, I do like this better than RP and LD, and DBD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take Areum's "fake nose" over Dani's nose any day.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hyomin, Hyomin, Hyomin, my goddess.
    Hyomin is sooo dang sexy........until they put that blonde crap on top of her head. Same with that green slime on Qri's head. Whoever did that should be fired, there's no excuse for pulling that kind of crap.

    You wanted some "Sexy Love" gifs?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lpd6u7gG1rbx8wto1_500.gif
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9r4c5utZD1rudls9o1_500.gif
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qfeat7mW1qi59tso1_500.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qewcMP1k1qi59tso1_500.gif
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qai03HWr1qcam34o1_500.gif
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz424quFxw1qj7esdo5_r1_250.gif
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lx0bPsin1rbx8wto1_500.gif
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9r4c5utZD1rudls9o1_500.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9kg7oekyd1rudls9o1_500.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9l5r4Cvlf1rudls9o1_500.gif

    Slipped in a Yubin gif 'cuz I can. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had Hyomin nude pics, I'd share them with you for your effort. I searched the T-ara tag and then tried individual member tags on tumblr and couldn't find that many good gifs.

      Delete
    2. http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8y0a2aadJ1qdzyqbo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1346742815&Signature=BCzr%2B3hw%2BcpKWmD6U6Yu2fxKd2I%3D

      Thank me later. InB4 you say Drake

      Delete
    3. Re: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lpd6u7gG1rbx8wto1_500.gif

      Boram and Jiyeon kinda ruined it. Boram had her high face on and Jiyeon looks like she's just getting up normally. :/

      Delete
    4. @Anti Kpop-Fangirl
      Hahaha It's nice to know that effort doesn't go unrewarded around here. Yeah, good gifs are usually hard to find on tumblr because they're posted with random, unrelated tags but luckily I follow a T-ARA.....actually a Hyomin stalker-blog, so I get to see a wealthy amount of good T-ARA gifs.

      @WowoW
      LOL WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?!?!?! Thanks for trying anyway. :P

      @nymstom
      Yeah, Boram and Jiyeon ruined the moment. They should've just cut everyone out except for Soyeon, Eungjung and Hyomin (my ideal T-ARA sub-group).

      Delete
    5. I'm sure that the blonde crap was her idea

      Delete
  12. Before I make this comment, i'm just oing to let everyone know what i'm about to say doesn't have anything to do about how I feel about SNSD.

    Anyways, it's okay. I'm not really a fan of T-ara, but it's not T-ara as a group it's just I can't stand that techno pop shit that a lot of artist put out these days.

    Shout out to Mr. Saxobeat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It plays itself up as euro-dance, and then it just cops out during the verses and chorus. Lame. Here I was actually kind of looking for something. Sigh...The Koreans are gonna fucking love it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually think Ahreum is pretty (don't kill me) but i just hated the blonde hair. But everything else was fine I guess. Still hated Qri's hair too, but that's about it. The song is okay. And Boram is good for once too. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Areum is pretty, but she looks terrible in blond. She looked a lot better during DBD.

      Delete
    2. Areum thinks shes pretty too (she has so much pictures of herself on her facebook it's cute)

      Delete
    3. Time to spam shit on her FB then :D

      Delete
    4. areum is sexy as fuck but the blonde is SHIT SHIT SHIT.

      Jiyeon did look sexy with blonde though.

      Delete
  15. Here's a gif I made lol. http://www.imgnook.com/wrzZAo.gif

    ReplyDelete
  16. but i have a clown fetish :D
    time to FAP!!
    *imsoooweird*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boram with sexy pixie crop.

    my fragile heart can't take this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. FAPDANCE
    FUCK YEAH
    http://youtu.be/ShVRP09NCO4?t=4m43s

    ReplyDelete
  19. In all honestly I'd say they just pulled a Super Junior. The song is a rehashed version of Roly Poly, which is also a song I really could not stand. So frankly this one falls real flat for me. I'm curious as to the little miss I don't speak Korean is going to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be taking Hwadog's I likey likey this, I likey likey that for the Roly Poly stage fo sho

      Delete
    2. Lubby Dubby was a copy of Lolly Polly.

      This doesn't sound like it at all.

      Delete
    3. @ areum_fag: oh but it does sound like it to me anyway. The backtrack is what sounds like roly poly to me and yes Lovey Dovey is also a rehash.

      @ nymston: at least she'll be able to pronounce the english better. That was the only reason I like bekahs rapping.

      Delete
    4. The fucker who did Roly Poly and Sexy Love is none other than that insult of a tiger known as Shinsadong Tiger along with some other derpheads.

      Delete
  20. Boram's a little tooo good at playing a soulless robot.
    (She scares me a little)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't why fucking Asians think because they are fair skin then can pull off the blonde. Bitch looks like a bug eyed meth head.

    I feel same way for beyonce. I just wanna snag both these bitches wigs out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's useless reviewing T-ara MVs. They'll never top their Bo Peep Bo Peep Japanese video. That shit was next level hot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Areum looks constipated through out the entire video. And was that Hwayoungs rap? Then why was areum lip syncing it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't help but imagine this might be Soyeon's orgasm face if she ever does AV. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9s6lq2za81qcam34o5_250.gif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9vhxwnqHr1qavnd9o1_400.gif
      Oh yeah she is definitely a slut. :O

      Delete
  25. Has anyone every thought that Areum is actually HwaYoung's replacement.

    Girl is the same age, 19
    Can rap
    Can sing

    I don't think its Dani. KKS obviously created the 'she was arrogant girl so I kicked her out scenario' to get HwaYoung quietly replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is bullshit/conspiracy on my part, but there's a part of me that agrees with your line of thinking. Remember earlier in the year when KKS threatened to kick out members who were being arrogant and lazy? There were also rumors of Hwayoung becoming arrogant and lazy, reaching fame much easier than the original six members. Looking at the tweets, there really wasn't anything bad, and definitely something I wouldn't consider bullying. I've said worse things to people I've worked with during school projects when their work ethic and quality was poor.

      So, assuming those rumors were true or had some truth to it, Kim Kwang Soo threw the rest of the group under the bus and used bullying as an excuse to kick out Hwayoung. KKS is known for stupid moves, but he knows that while it hurts him in the short term, all of the exposure helps him in the long run.

      After the sales of their Japanese album were well below expectations, Kim Kwang Soo wanted to do something to propel T-ara. Like the adage goes, any publicity is better than no publicity, so he decided to make the biggest celebrity controversy in Korea since Tablo's academic scandal in 2010 and Han Ye Seul's no-show scandal in 2011.

      I'm not saying that I believe this 100%, more like 10%. It just seems to be played out so that T-ara can try to compete as a national group instead of being stuck at #3. They may be down for now, but after a year, it's like no one will care about the scandal, because no one cares about Hwadog anymore.

      Delete
  26. seriously I'd fuck boram. She's getting better looking. Good plastic surgery I guess. Fuck I'd do her hard.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Qri and Boram red eyes was creepy

    ReplyDelete
  28. They shouldn't be wearing those big scary circle lenses.....................

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What. I think she looks good blonde. Also, I hate to say it but the circus outfits remind me of some of the outfits for SNSD's The Boys performances. Case in point: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yaqloDla1qeeesfo1_1280.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  31. Korea doesn't eat it up at all, thanks to the T-ARA's scandal. This song didn't even crack the top 3 on Melon, which means no chance of winning Music Bank or Inkigayo. This song doesn't rank high on any major charts, it's always out of top 5....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no award to be won at Inkigayo anymore. But anyway, I reckon all the previous hard works have come undone and T-ara has to start from scratch now...............

      Delete
  32. Glad to see that you fappers are still fapping to T-ara sans Hwadog. But I reckon that the latter never has any bearings on the fappiness of T-ara..............

    ReplyDelete