I've never experienced this urge to turn against something just because it's suddenly ubiquitous. I have seen plenty of groups rise to popularity only to make shitty songs. In such cases, I've started to dislike the group not because of its sudden popularity but because its new music is nothing like what drew me in the first place.
But apparently, hating on idols for getting lots of attention and media play is a thing.
|Seolhyun demonstrates public perception of herself|
in January versus what it is today.
- "Idols who were likable and then became unlikable in 2015" is a thing, and the reasoning for most of the list perplexes me.
- Fan asks Ailee if she considers herself a feminist. Ailee responds that she doesn't want to be labeled a feminist because she's "all about equality for everyone." She then questions what part of her latest music video was empowering.
- SNSD's Yuri thinks Taeyeon would make a good rally car driver. In related news, Yuri is co-hosting a rally driver audition survival show.
- The hole gets bigger for "Unpretty Rapstar 2" contestant Truedy after her graduation photo surfaces.
- Here's a list of six "important" contributions Beast has made to kpop. The first item is Troublemaker, so I consider this list valid.
- And winner of this week's I Can't Believe It's News Award: It's snack time with Yoona.
|Feed me, Yooner|