If you haven't heard by now, DMTN (the group formerly known as Dalmatian)'s Daniel has been arrested under charges of selling marijuana. Oh shit, right?
We all thought that kind of thing was reserved for those crazy hedonists over at YG, so for a minor group like DMTN to be embroiled in a marijuana scandal of this severity only means one thing: time for the AKF investigative team to go to work.
First of all, let's figure out exactly what the poor lad is being charged of.
Oh okay. So Daniel didn't smoke a single bit of his product, which is shocking in and of itself (LBR), but instead thought that selling weed wasn't illegal at all. Let's all take a quick water break while we wait for ourselves to stop laughing so hard.
Come on man, whoever's on the PR team for DMTN has got to be smoking a j or two themselves. No one in their sane minds would buy "I didn't know it was illegal to sell weed" as a legitimate excuse, it just makes Daniel look retarded and it makes the label look retarded.
As you might have guessed, netizen reaction was generally of like mind:
1. [+273, -13] Selling and introduction ㅋㅋㅋ What does he think, he's 1 or 2 years old? How in the world could he not have thought that was a crime? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+226, -11] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ There can't be an idiot more idiotic than him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+188, -12] Reflection is not enough for celebrities with marijuana issues ㅡㅡ
4. [+17, -3] ㅋㅋㅋ Is he kidding right now? ㅋㅋㅋ What a complete ba$tard
5. [+23, -8] GD: Welcome, this is your first time here, right?
6. [+14, -2] People who sell marijuana normally don't smoke it themselves... They know it's bad but they also know there's a lot of money involved. But guys who sell are worse than those who smoke it!
"Is he an idiot? It'd make more sense for him to just say that he smoked it out of curiosity ㅋㅋ But introducing sellers?? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ"
"Selling is worse than smoking because you're ruining the lives of others. It will be difficult for him to be forgiven. It's just upsetting because we know how long it took for him to train and finally debut and go through an unknown period..."
"I bet there are a lot of people shaking in their boots right now... There's gotta be a provider and a consumer for Daniel to have hooked them up."
"This is worse... At least if he's smoking it, he's ruining his own body.. but introducing sellers to others? I bet their names will be released soon..."
"Selling is a bigger crime than smoking so what is he talking about ㅋㅋ He didn't think it'd be a crime? What an excuse ㅋㅋㅋ"
"G-Dragon: I didn't know it was marijuana."
1. [+177, -2] So he didn't smoke it but he hooked up sellers... That's a bigger crime than smoking marijuana. What an idiot...
2. [+143, -11] I thought it was the actor Choi Daniel for a second. He should apologize to him.
3. [+122, -5] Just like the pimps are worse than the actual act of selling your body, selling marijuana is worse than the actual act of smoking. Kids like him call themselves celebrities... what will our youth grow up learning? Seeing as how his name is Daniel, he must be trash that came from overseas
4. [+112, -1] So he's saying he's not a criminal because he didn't smoke it? Is he stupid? Doesn't he realize what he committed is a bigger crime?
5. [+112, -7] No, but really, who is he?But of course, this is also the part where his white knights come charging to the rescue too. Some of the more common arguments I'm seeing on the webs:
- "OPPA DIDN'T ACTUALLY SMOKE, HE JUST SOLD." -- ...
- "OPPA DIDN'T ACTUALLY SELL, HE WAS JUST THE MIDDLEMAN." -- Well, if you didn't know how these drug rings work, the middleman is the one doing the actual dirty work of drug distribution. The dealer (aka the supplier) distributes the weed to the middlemen who basically act like traveling salesmen. They carry the product from the dealers to the consumers' hands. Of course, we don't know exactly what Daniel's role in all this was, but initial reports indicate that he either introduced buyers to other middlemen or sold it himself. Either way, he's inextricably linked to the drug ring. If you'd like to call it that.
- "OPPA'S SORRY, HE'S DOING THE RIGHT THING NOW." -- Do you think he would have stopped selling/being a part of this drug ring if he DIDN'T get caught?
- "OPPA'S BROKE, HE WAS TRYING TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY ON THE SIDE." -- Let's all just forgive everyone who breaks the law because of some sob story the fans have concocted to excuse their actions, shall we? Even if he was really broke as shit, I'm sure there's other things he could have done to put food on the table. Like a part-time job, maybe?
At any rate, investigations are still being conducted as of this writing, so who knows? Maybe he'll be smacked with a harder sentence, maybe not. I think the evidence we've uncovered will speak for itself.
No need for thanks, we're just doing the right thing.