Yesterday, SHINee's Taemin became the group's first member to go solo. When I heard Taemin was going to release a solo debut, I wondered why they picked him of all the SHINee members to go alone.
And after listening to the mediocre Michael Jackson-wannabe "Danger," I'm still asking myself why.
Is that you, Krystal?
I thought maybe watching the video might improve my opinion on the whole thing. The teasers and video stills promised an edgy, maybe even dangerous side of Taemin. That could be fun, right?
Just how dangerous is Taemin? Let's examine.
To determine this, we'll break down all the "dangerous" things Taemin does in the video and rate them on a scale of 1-5. A 1 rating equates to a danger level of Lee Seung Gi, every mother's dream son-in-law, and a 5 is like being Nichkhun with a six-pack.
So here we go:
1. Being surrounded by speakers blasting sick beats in your earsDanger level: 2
That's a moderately dangerous thing for Taemin to do. Who knows what hearing impairment he might face in later life.
Plus 1 badass danger point if he's blasting "Day 1." It takes a real man to rock out to K.Will.
2. Wearing a mesh shirt with nothing underneath
Danger level: 3
Put those away, Taemin. Ain't nobody want to see that.
3. Standing around like a moron while being circled by a motorcycleDanger level: 3 total — a 5 for overall danger, with 2 points deducted for stupidity
4. Holding a machine gun ... -shaped guitar over your headDanger level: You've got to be kidding me
This scene is too ridiculous to even earn a Lee Seung Gi rating.
5. Wearing ear-to-nose chainsDanger level: 5
Boy does one actually dangerous thing in this video, and that's dancing with this piece of jewelry. One bad hand movement, and something's getting ripped.
BOTTOM LINE: This song is ridiculous, and the video is a filthy liar.