Did you apply to have a job Kim Tae Hee's underwear but woke up from a dream and realized that such a job doesn't exist? Well, the second best job out there doesn't pay any money but is awesome anyway is being a writer for Anti Kpop-Fangirl. Back in December I wrote a post about how there will be changes to AKF starting this year, but the changes started a little bit later than I expected.
Despite the site being busier than 2013, that won't continue without new authors. I will no longer be able to write 60-70% of the articles on here any longer. If you go back to 2012, Zaku and I accounted for 80-90% of the articles written, but Zaku became busier before I did, so I was able to delay the search for new authors until now. I'll eventually enter my university's master's program in accounting after doing a few pre-reqs, so on top of work, I won't have the time to update the site daily. That's why most of my articles this month have been scheduled, as I've been experimenting with doing the majority of my articles via scheduled articles.
Zaku has come up with some guidelines for potential authors with some input from Fany, Kpopalypse oppar, akisame and myself.
If I had to lay out some of my own personal hiring guidelines it'd be:
- good grasp of the English language --> If you can't type out something coherent and properly spelled/puncutated, no one's going to read your shit
- amusing uniqueness --> no one has exactly the same type of humor, but that's what makes us interesting. All of our authors more or less have unique senses of humor or writing style
- time-commitment --> I know I probably am the last one to be harping on something like a stable writing schedule, but since we're recruiting new talent, we might as well hire for longevity too. At least an article every week or two sounds reasonable, but I think it'll be open for negotiation.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- fulfilling our federal mandated diversity requirement --> girls pls apply so ppl don't call us chauvinist pigs anymore
- unique insight/talent --> One of our most popular talents on the roster brings years of experience in Tha Biz (aka KPoppalypse), another knows what she's talking about when she talks about vocal ability (aka Akisame). I can't do shit except gif, so if you've got some unique life experiences or talent relevant to KPop/music/acting/Tha Biz... That'd be swell.
- website coding --> Akisame could always use some help cleaning up that horrid mess we call our HTML coding.
Like usual, I will require you to send me three articles directly to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not use the Contact form because Yahoo chains everything I get from that contact form into one long chain mail. It's already cumbersome enough going through it for STFU and Fancam Appreciation article suggestions. Title your email "AKF Author Application" so that I don't delete it without even looking at it.
There will be several authors here looking over the applications. Zaku, akisame, Fany and myself will go over each application and decide if we like your articles enough to give you a shot. Then you will go through an apprenticeship-esque system where you'll have to submit every article to me before I give it the okay for it to be posted. Every author has gone through it, so don't worry about it. It's mainly for quality control to make sure you don't start writing as if AKF was your diary and start writing like a delusional fangirl (because anyone who was reading the site in the summer of 2011 knows the travesty that happened without me checking posts before they were posted).